I. Personal Information Collected
a. How do we collect your data?
The following are examples of the ways in which information will be collected:
- Directly from you (e.g., during account registration, filling out a form, subscription to a newsletter or emails)
- Indirectly from you (e.g., observing your actions on the website)
- From third parties (e.g., third party social networking providers, data aggregators, affiliates)
- From publicly available sources (e.g., online database searches)
b. What data do we collect?
The following are examples of the types of personal information collected:
- Information you provide: name, email address, mailing address (billing and shipping), phone number, transaction information, payment card information, etc.
- Information associated with the use of our site: information gathered from cookies and web pixels, such as IP address and interactions on the website to enhance your experience on our website, aggregations of multiple visits to the website, chat information
- Non-personal identification information: the browser / system information, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider(s) utilized and other similar information.
c. How will we use your data?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Fulfill the order and delivery of products along with tax collection and remittance
- Live chat and servicing an order or inquiry
- Provide relevant information based on location – e.g. nearby showrooms
- Determine eligibility for admittance into trade discount program
- Account activation and maintenance
- Analytics, business trends, and insights
- Interaction on social media
We may share your personal information with one or more of the third parties described here:
- between and among companies which are affiliated or under common ownership with Generation Lighting or Visual Comfort & Co.,
- vendors, service providers and consultants that perform services on our behalf,
- companies which store and process data on our behalf,
- companies which perform data analytics for us,
- companies which help deliver and track our products,
- companies which send you information about products on our behalf, and,
- companies which you request us to share your personal information with.
Sharing of personal information with service providers or disclosures to third parties may involve the storage or processing of personal information outside of the jurisdiction in which you are located. Local privacy laws may require the disclosure of personal information to governmental authorities under circumstances that are different than those that apply in your country of residence.
II. Data Retention
We will not save your personal information longer than necessary with respect to the purpose of the processing, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials.
Cookies are files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visit behavior information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent though some features of the website require cookies, including registration for an online account. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology in order to enhance and personalize your online experience and permit us to remember you when you return to our website, to deliver personalized marketing, and to better understand the way you use our website. For further information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
V. Data Collection
We collect information using the following technologies in order to analyze the functionality and effectiveness of the website, to measure the performance of a marketing effort on our behalf, including email marketing, or to place advertising on our behalf across the Internet.
- "Cookies" as explained above.
- "Log files" track actions occurring on the website and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons," "tags," and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
VI. "Do Not Track" Signals
Our website does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information.
VIII. Google Analytics
We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect some information we listed above, including usage and website activity information. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve the services. In order to collect this information, Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser or mobile device, or read cookies that are already there. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded, that partner with Google. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
IX. Know Your Rights
To the extent a specific element of our processing, use, or disclosure of your personal information relies upon your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-762-2323. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing, use, or disclosure prior to the consent withdrawal.
If you wish to object to the processing, use, or disclosure of your personal information on the basis of legitimate interest and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly, please send your request to email@example.com.
If you do not provide us with certain portions of your personal information, we may not be able to fulfill the requested purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or to provide our website to you. However, unless otherwise specified, not providing your personal information will not result in legal consequences for you.
X. Exercise Your Rights
Visual Comfort & Co.
7400 Linder Ave
Skokie IL 60077